Please read the Ride Rules before riding with our club.
MDBC Club Rides are not races or competitions of any sort.
Riders agree to adhere to the following when participating in club rides.
- You are over 18 years of age.
- Extend common courtesy to fellow riders and other road users.
- Obey all road rules.
- Wear an approved helmet.
- Ensure Bicycle is roadworthy and in good repair.
- Ride no more than two abreast and ride in single file on narrow roads, when continuous double or single white lines are present and when traffic conditions suggest it appropriate.
- Allow sufficient room between riders to create a safe riding environment and do not overlap wheels.
- Point out obstacles such as pot holes, broken glass and gravel to riders following.
- Move well clear of traffic when stopped at the side of a road.
- Maximum group size is to be no more than ten (10) riders.
- The group is to remain as a group i.e. re-group at the top of climbs.
- When one group of riders is overtaken by another, allow the faster group to pass without merging with or connecting onto the back of that group.
- Gain an understanding of the ride route and ensure it is within their capability.
- Carry sufficient food and water having regard for the nature of the ride and weather conditions.
- Carry sufficient protective clothing having regard for the nature of the ride and weather conditions.
- Carry sufficient medication having regard for their medical conditions, the nature of the ride and weather conditions.
- Carry sufficient tools and equipment to repair punctures and minor mechanical failures.
- Ensure the ride coordinator and/or the group leader is advised, if not intending to complete the FULL course.
- Not participate in rides when suffering a medical condition that may prevent them from safely completing the ride.
This is a self regulated code of conduct.
Every rider has a duty of care to themselves, fellow riders and other road users to ensure their group rides safely.